Air Fryer Salmon Bites
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1 lb salmon
3 Tbsp coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
5 large cloves garlic
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp lime juice
Sea salt to taste
Sriracha Mayo (Optional):
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp sriracha
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1. If you’re making the chipotle mayo sauce, stir the ingredients together in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate while you’re preparing the salmon.
2. Remove the salmon from its packaging and pat any excess moisture dry with paper towels. Transfer salmon to a cutting board. Chop the salmon filet into bite sized chunks. Note: You can leave the skin on or remove it with a sharp knife. I leave the skin on because I love the crispy texture it brings to the salmon bites. Plus, the skin is where the majority of the omega 3s are.
3. Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade (coconut aminos, rice vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, and lime juice) in a small bowl.
4. Transfer the chopped salmon to a large zip lock bag or sealable container along with the marinade. Seal the bag and swish everything around until all of the chunks of salmon are coated in marinade. Marinate the salmon for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator, or up to 24 hours if you have more time.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 4 minutes. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
5. Transfer the marinated salmon cubes to the air fryer basket in a single layer (you may need to do this in two batches depending on the size of your air fryer).
6. Air fry at 400 for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the outside of the salmon is crispy and the bites are cooked through. Salmon is considered fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check the temperature by inserting a meat thermometer into the largest chunk of salmon. While the salmon cooks, you can prepare any side dishes.
7. Serve crispy air fryer salmon bites with chipotle mayo sauce and any choice of side dishes. Steamed brown rice or white rice, edamame, green onions, sesame seeds, avocado, kimchi, pickled ginger, seaweed salad, and pickled cucumber are all great options for additions to a delicious meal.
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 10 min